As we journey together to fulfill His mission, the following values define our lives:
1. Transformation: We believe in the power of a transformed life. We will never forget where we have come from; sinners saved by grace. However, with the empowerment of the Spirit of God, we will not allow our “past” to prevent Christ from fully reshaping His image within us.
2. Integrity: We will display before people our transparent lives. We will not worry about what we cannot control. Rather, we will work on what we can control; first and foremost ourselves.
3. Home: We will win at home first. We will always point one another and our children toward Christ.
4. Spiritual Disciplines:
· We will be people of prayer. We will seek divine guidance in everything and walk in the Spirit submissively.
· We will be people of “one book” (Bible) but constantly search for truth as revealed throughout God’s creation and by His children.
· We will intentionally set aside one day a week to fully embrace God’s gift of Sabbath rest.
· We will pursue personal holiness for the purpose of enhancing our spiritual lives together and building up the Body of Christ.
5. Ministry: We will love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Our “neighborhood” begins with one another and with our children; then extends to our place of service – Kingswood University and our local church – Kings Valley Wesleyan Church. Finally, may our neighborhood increase as we seek to live in love and harmony with the rest of His world.
6. Finances: We will endeavor to hold on to material things loosely. Money is simply a tool for our service in the Kingdom of Heaven.
7. God’s Call: We will not live a life of regret. We will give up a more comfortable life for the hope of living a more fulfilling one. When we hear His voice, may our immediate response be a wholehearted, “Yes.”